Saturday, November 11, 2006

Last night, I tried a different place for dinner, as Gale and I went to Vhooda. This is out by the Regal Beagles of Middleburg. They have a rather huge bar on one side with one big TV screen and a few, not many, smaller TVs around the side. In the dining room, they have this huge aquarium in the form of an arch, probably about 15 feet high on either side. It looks a lot bigger from the outside.

I'm still trying to determine what they are striving for here. There is some sort of backstory about some Mayan god and Vhooda means feast or some such nonsense. By the time we finished dinner, we were 2 of only 6 people remaining in the dining area. On a Friday night. Uh-oh. Maybe Midpark was playing football or something. I think they remain exclusively an after-work place for the bar (good Happy Hour prices) and a fore-and-aft movie place.

I'll say the food was decent, not outstanding or anything. Crab cakes were the best, not a lot of filler. I liked the Yucatan shrimp app that I ordered. There were some bigass shrimp that were breaded, then coated with buffalo sauce, and accompanied by ranch dressing for dipping. Do they have buffalo sauce in the Yucatan? I confirm that my gastrointestinal system works. I rarely order steak, but I had a ribeye that was OK. It came with a baked potato and I used the leftovers to have steak and eggs this a.m. If I go back, it may be just for the bar.

Meal of Links

If you don't watch "Cheaters", you should take in an episode every once in a while. It's a hoot and an ego boost, if you're depressed. Plus, the program recently won a lawsuit. The lawsuit stemmed from an episode I actually saw. It involved a policeman from Fort Worth fooling around with this married woman. The married guy kept saying the cop's name over and over during the confrontation portion of the program. I laughed. Then I realized three lives were ruined. And then I laughed some more.

Kylie Minogue is back on stage. Good for her.

How to take hold of your iTunes library. Tips in the comments section such as: "Len? Did I buy this shit? Oh well, the single is still kind of catchy and it’s only disk space." I could sub a myriad of bands in there.

Exercise Yard

For once, the post game trip to Sokolowski's did not beat the Cleveland State game by a mile. Only about a half-mile today, as George Mason beat the Vikings, 79-74 in front of, by God, 3,000 people. CSU had a 16-point lead in the first half, but eventually got done in by superior talent.

Mason barely missed a shot in the second half, but CSU had no defensive answer for Will Thomas and Darryl Monroe. Those two big men dominated the second half. The never-ending story for CSU is getting outscored in the paint, 46-30, and getting outrebounded by 10. It appears we can hang with the teams that don't have an inside presence, but if one exists, we don't have an answer yet. All in all, a good effort, and the pork chops was go-o-o-o-o-od.

Visitor

18 Across: Explorer of kids' TV (4 letters) Answer: Dora

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for Sokolowski's.That was light years better than that popcorn appetizer at the CSU game
----------------JMK

Anonymous said...

I swear CSU has the god-awful WORST popcorn in the greater Cleveland area.