Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I've watched some "Seinfeld" reruns since Kramer's meltdown, and I think I can handle it. (And that is part of the problem, we can't think of the guy as Michael Richards. Even when he's apologizing, we are waiting for Kramer to deliver the punchline.) Oh, it's there in the back of your mind that he's a racist hipster doofus, but a few more viewings of the "pinky toe" episode and I believe it will be somewhat normal once more.

Meal of Links

The Bargainist looks around for some deals. Some interesting items have popped up on sale.

David Blaine spins for kids. Come on, even if he doesn't make it, he should take the kids shopping.

All about "A Christmas Story" house. I don't know, will this be a tourist attraction? Hard to figure a snowy February day makes this place a destination.

Exercise Yard

Kind of a time waster at the CSU game last night. Except that I got a free t-shirt! Using a method honed at many an old Cavs game at the Coliseum to get one of those small basketballs. Yes, it was the rebound method. First of all, female cheerleaders can't throw very far and when they do, it's of that high arc variety. Inevitably when the shirt comes back to earth, multiple sets of hands go for it.

It worked to perfection. The shirt sailed directly over my head, not worth the leap, and I positioned myself as Wes Unseld, waiting for the rebound, and it happened. Four hands in the row behind me collide, it pops back up in the air and lands gently in my hands.
The game was fugly. Too many fouls, we even saw three technicals and an excessive contact foul. Had a flow to it much like the Chagrin River when it thaws. CSU beat the Blue Streaks of John Carroll, 84-65

Visitor

5 Down: Nancy's pal, in comics (5 letters) Answer: Sluggo (What a creepy comic strip)

No comments: