Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Hey, I live in a blue state! Why, just yesterday, it was red. I went to vote after work and there was a line. WTF? That never happens. It took me about 20 minutes to vote, when in most years, it takes me about 20 seconds. And advice to my poll worker: Do not loudly proclaim you didn't vote today. Kinda makes it look like you are not taking the election seriously.

But it looks like we now have a Democratic Governor (Strickland), a Democratic Senator (Brown), so don't forget about Northeast Ohio, you two. Let's see minimum wage is up, and we can't smoke nor gamble, did I read that correctly? Boy, that gambling is a tough nut to crack, isn't it? We still have lots of races in the Senate and the House to determine how much of a sea change, if any, was represented by this election.

I happened to try and listen to Air America on the way home for some election results. It's impossible. Lawrence O'Donnell, noted D observer, was trying to make a valid point and Janeane Garofalo (and, I guess, she's not even a host anymore) would not get off the constant rant of "R's are bad, R's are evil" and let him speak his mind. I like discussion that at least fosters some political debate, rather than falling into the trap of "the opposition sucks". And that's the pitfall of the network. If you wanna avoid the stereotype of the whiny liberal or progresssive, then stop acting that way. And I voted about 90% Democratic today!

Jeezy creezy, Sherrod Brown had the volume on "Fanfare for the Common Man" at about 14, eh.

Meal of Links

Faith Hill says, "Hey, it was a joke." It was an ill-advised attempt at humor, I say. But, hey, she'll get a round of TV appearances she would not have otherwise received.

If you want to get a jump on Christmas shopping or the planning thereof. Here is Best Buy's ad for Black Friday.

"When Black Friday comes
I'll fly down to Muswellbrook
Gonna strike all the big red words
From my little black book"

Should we be surprised? Genesis on tour.

Exercise Yard

This evening, I embarked upon another leg of the unending journey that is CSU basketball. It was an exhibition against Slippery Rock. But it was deja vu all over again.

The band did not learn anything new. Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name" ("Bad Name") and "Vehicle" featured prominently once more. And, of course, "Machine Head" by Bush and "Thunder" by AC/DC were piped in. I think Rhianna's "SOS" was the only new thing I heard.

Musical chairs was back at halftime. I absolutely love that!

The world's worst mascot, Vike, was back. I thought he was to be canned, but nope, there he was.

The second hand dryer on the left in the south men's bathroom still does not work! This is a three-year old problem.

My Dad will be happy to know this, the 10-year male cheerleader was back. He thinks that guy won't ever graduate. BTW, he was the only one male cheerleader.

Christ, 46% from the foul line. Ugh. 39% from the field. Close to ugh.

Outrebounded by an NAIA school. Double ugh.

Next up, 2006 Final Four Cinderella, George Mason (that's a team, not a guy) on Saturday. Hope the Wiggles do not destroy the Bart in the interim.

Visitor

15 Across: "Common Sense" author (5 letters) Answer: Paine

No comments: