Monday, October 30, 2006

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame named its nominees. There are nine acts and five get in.

R.E.M.-Should be in.

Chic-I like Nile Rodgers, but that would be no.

Joe Tex-Uh, that would be negatory.

The Stooges-Yes. Yes. Yes. Iggy goes shirtless. Timeless influences.

Patti Smith-A magnificent talent. A no-brainer.

Van Halen-Probably because of Eddie's guitar playing and I always loved their backup singing.

Grandmaster Flash-Eventually rap or hip-hop will be represented. Probably not this year.

The Ronettes-Phil Spector's production probably trumps them as a group.

Dave Clark Five-I think they are in.

Meal of Links

Here is a talk with XTC's Andy Partridge. This guy is one of my all-time faves. I recall when they toured here, they played the old Colony Theatre. I understood it to be the loudest band anyone had ever heard and probably caused hearing loss among many.

Chris Jensen's final PD column. I'll miss him.

The Cleveland Orchestra looks to play elsewhere. I've oft wondered if they could move like the Browns. I mean, could they?

Even the kids of Cleveland have gone crazy for the Steve Irwin Halloween outfit. Well, we are the 7th Most Dangerous City. Mayor Jackson: "No surprise there."

Exercise Yard

Bill Belichick's son is arrested for pot. Probably was watching the Mo Carthon Play Calling Festival on NFL Network.

Visitor

15 Across: Biblical prophet (5 letters) Answer: Hosea (He married Gomer, you know)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Dave Clark Five will get their just due.Does Iggy go on tour if he gets in?With REM --Van Halen(which version) and Patti Smith virtual locks what kind of crazy jam session will happen?
----------------JMK--------