Saturday, October 21, 2006

Last night, a bunch of us headed over to Momocho for Best Friend’s birthday. This place is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I had the camerones taquitos which were out of control good. Wash those down with tasty $35 pitchers of margaritas and the eatin’ is good in the neighborhood.

Couple of things I learned yesterday. The women’s bathroom there has eucalyptus liquid soap. I think the men have some sort of flesh-scented stuff. And the music selection at Momocho is great. I heard Johnny Cash, New Order, the Cure, just to name a few. Loud enough not to intrude, but a chord is struck now and then to listen and groove a bit.

Meal of Links

I really don’t know who Sara Evans is, but jeepers, is her divorce splattered all over the place. The accusations are flying from both parties. I guess I could sub Paul McCartney’s name in there, as well. Except for knowing him, of course.

WXPN in Philly has been holding a countdown of the 885 Greatest All-Time Artists. Tchaikovsky checks in at Number 500, right above Bob Mould.

Why Target is better than Wal-Mart. Or, as my Dad told me this week, “Hey, I was in Wal-Mart today. And everybody was speaking Spanish there. Whatever aisle I was in, they were speakin’ Spanish.”

That reminds me of a shopping experience I had today at Marc’s. The two kids at the checkout line were guessing things about the people they were waiting on. Seems like harmless fun. I get there and the one guy says, “Married and all his kids are grown up.” Coming soon, my list of why Target is better than Marc’s.

Exercise Yard

It was a good day to check on the Premiership, with about 1/4th of the season gone. Randy Lerner’s Other Team is still unbeaten, as they drew with Fulham, but they need wins, not draws. Chelsea’s two big signings, Ballack and Shevchenko, both scored today and they are three points clear of Man U, with five matches on Sunday. Look out for the Gunners though, as Arsenal seem to be on the rise.

Visitor

44 Down: Teammate of A-Rod (5 letters) Answer: Derek

No comments: