Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I headed over to O'Rielly's Pub at Cedar Center last night. I went there with Drew. Man, that pubfare is good, as I had the tomato soup (big spoon) and a teriyaki turkey burger. And Bass Ale. Mmm, that's good Bass. We talked about many things including our former place of employment. I happen to think it was the most dysfunctional place ever. Although he thought his department, in hindsight, didn't need to be so rough on certain people, I think I surmised they probably deserved it. Admittedly the crowd I hung with was a terrific bunch of individuals and I'm glad I got to meet them.

On Monday night, I got a call from the Dennis Kucinich campaign. Here is the conversation:

DK Campaign Worker: "Can we count on your vote, November 7?"
Me (thinking call will end shortly): "Yep."
DKCW: "Would you like to put a sign in your yard?"
Me (having seen those yellow "DENNIS!" signs for years): "I don't think so."
DKCW: "Would you like to volunteer for his campaign."
Me (knowing it's 2 weeks before the election!): "No, he seems to be doing OK without me."

It was strange because I thought this was just a poll, but with 2 weeks to go, why would he need more campaign workers? This would be a call I would have expected weeks ago.

Meal of Links

TV Alert! Eddie Vedder is on Iconoclasts tomorrow on Sundance.

Another "Guess the Movie" time waster. This time, starring stationery products. In limited time, I got 12/20. Don't forget to use the "The" word in titles where necessary.

Kurt Cobain passes Elvis as the richest dead celebrity. Hey, even Einstein is still making money.

Exercise Yard

It's the 20th anniversary of Game Six today. If you saw Bill Buckner play back then, there was no one, I mean no one, who got more out of his injury ravaged body than Billy Buck. He deserved better.

Visitor

3 Down: Miler Sebastian (3 letters) Answer: Coe

1 comment:

Drew said...

I think the campaign should be less worried about how many front yards they litter with yellow signs and devote a bit more attention to the web site. It's hard to tell, just from looking at it, what office he is running for, what district he represents, or even what state he is in!

I mean, I guess you can figure out the answers, but if I were designing the site, I'd make it real obvious.