Friday, October 27, 2006

"The Great Pumpkin" is on tonight but that's not why "Happy days are here again..." No, the Indians did not just win a home game in 1968, but the good folks at Sunnyside Scion finally figured out what was wrong with my car. I had a terrible noise for a while when motoring in a straight line or bearing/turning to the right. And it was getting worse. Of course, I solved the noise problem by cranking the radio about 10 more notches, but it was annoying. Well, they replaced the front left wheel bearing assembly at no charge. My ears cannot offer enough thanks. "Happy days are here again..."

Meal of Links

To celebrate my newfound hearing, I took my Dad over to the Parkview Nite Club for lunch. He had the fish fry, I had the ribs, and it was quite good. I suggest you go there. They have Taco Tuesdays, as well.

Twyla Tharp tries on Bob Dylan for her new work. The fit seems to be not so good.

Scrabble dude scores 830 points! He obviously did not try the word "quone".

Exercise Yard

The Nippon Ham Fighters are World Series champs. In Japan, that is. See, they have a major baseball league over there, and they...anyhow, they have crowned a new champ. I am intrigued by that "1,500-beer shower".

Visitor

12 Down: Jazz trumpeter Baker (4 letters) Answer: Chet (Elvis Costello chimes in)

No comments: