Monday, October 02, 2006

Continuing my bad streak of purchasing belts, I had one explode on me today. Not really, but the damn thing did fall apart in my hands. I'd say the workmanship was of the highest quality. I go to hook it and the buckle comes off one of its pegs and there you have it. Rendered useless. So, I go to my workshop and find the correct tool...Of course not. I struggle to shove the leather piece that has the peg through a slot and then...aaargh, it just doesn't fit. I'd have to weld the peg down to slide it through the slot and hook it back on that thing that wraps around that watchamacallit, and, Christ, why do belts hate me? I don't whip, I don't hang, I treat them well. A little somethin' for the effort would be nice.

Meal of Links

At lunch the other day, Denise brought up the fact that "CSI" has a serialized storyline this year. Call it "Grey's Anatomy Syndrome".

BlackBerry addicts in the UK are suing their employers. It's funny, two weeks ago, I saw The Edge doing yoga while checking his BlackBerry.

Ohio keeps logs of inmates about to be executed.I like the guy who stuffed himself for his last meal. Then had Pepto Bismol later.

Exercise Yard













Kinda makes you wish for Slider, no?

The Euro 2008 mascots have been unveiled. It appears the Intergalactic Space Fairy (you know, the Force mascot that replaced Darth Vader. THE Darth Vader, I tell ya.) has some new friends.

Visitor

14 Across: Singer Horne (4 letters) Answer: Lena

No comments: