Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Well, the power is back on, at least for a little while. Oh, I'm still naked, but the power AND cable are working. The power has been off for at least 18 of the last 27 hours and Time Warner suffered a major outage right about the time I turned the TV on this morning, for about 45 minutes. Which reminds me, I'll be getting a new e-mail address soon. Anyhow, I think I've uttered enough f-bombs for the time being as it's slowly getting back to normal.

Meal of Links

I'm one of the lucky few who saw the picture of the dead fetus flying about on Monday. It's just as it said it was going to be, a dead fetus with the caption in large letters, "THIS IS ROE V. WADE" next to it. I'll be honest, from that distance you couldn't tell what it was, but I saw it.

I don't know how many times you can reissue the same material, but they are gonna try again with Elvis Costello. But all of the good ones are included here, including "Get Happy", which I mentioned a few weeks ago. I have been listening a lot to "Imperial Bedroom" lately and I must say, it's an incredible album that continues to be overlooked. Elvis also sings the theme to "Weeds" in the theme-song singing rotation of their upcoming season.

Madonna is showing her ass during her tour. As well she should.

I don't know what the Finns are famous for. But for those of us who still believe in dementia, they have developed a method to predict dementia risk. Yikes, I have too many, what do you call 'em? Uh...risk factors...yeah, that's it, risk factors.

Exercise Yard

And now that we've been switched to Time Warner Cable, it's Day 2 without the NFL Network and you can add Cleveland to the list. If I wasn't naked, by God, I'd march right down there and demand that the NFL Network should never, ever, be yanked from a cable system. Especially now that they have live games. I should also mention it's Day 2 without ESPN U, but since the World Cup is over, I don't care about that.

Here is the evil Time Warner response. They actually mention Fuel in the same breath as the NFL. Hah! Oh, I'm not really upset, especially when I'll be getting Court TV On Demand.

Visitor

46 Across: Eight-time Norris Trophy winner (3 letters) Answer: Orr

No comments: