Saturday, August 05, 2006

Math Quiz:

Patio of The Harp plus Browns Family Night at the Stadium equals ???

Yes, that would be fireworks.

From the patio you get an excellent view of the lake and Downtown. Obviously, I didn't check my Fireworks Calendar, so it was a surprise. And keeping with tradition, I still haven't seen anything new.

Meal of Links

Gulity pleasure. VH-1 Classic is showing videos from the first day of MTV today. The Selecter! Even "Prime Time" by The Tubes. Hah! MTV is 25 years old this week.

I got my Mooch back. Well, for now. The FCC took Time Warner Cable to the woodshed and said, "Not so fast, my friend." regarding the removal of the NFL Network from their newly combined systems. Looks like 30 days while negotiations are allegedly taking place. But we know Time Warner hasn't budged in two years, so why would they succumb now? That answer would be money, I presume. And I bet it comes from "Viewers like you".

Meet the "King of Wikipedia". Could be the "King of Pain".

Exercise Yard

Well, the B sample is in. Yep, that one was dirty, as well. So, Phonak sacked Floyd Landis and he's on his way to losing his Tour de France title, while not on the bike.

It's a strange story. I saw the stages in question and it was a feat of magnificent proportion. But what I can't believe is if Landis doped, why didn't it show up earlier and how stupid could he be to load up at that point of the race? Maybe he thought he'd get a top 5 and had no idea he would win the damn thing.

Visitor

14 Across: 1966 N.L. batting champ (4 letters) Answer: Alou

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That first day of MTV you would have thought that REO Speedwagon was the best thing since sliced moldy bread--------JMK