Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I hope you get a chance to see Spike Lee's Katrina doc on HBO. Told by some of the people who lived through it, I think it's powerful stuff. To see those poor people floating in the water or dead on the streets well after the fact, really gets the blood boiling. 4 hours total, probably will show up On Demand soon.

Meal of Links

Tom and Jerry, well at least Tom and a rival, once smoked in a cartoon. Not sure if they inhaled. But that episode is now banned.

Today it's a Maddenoliday. I don't play video games, but props to EA. They do an outstanding job of hyping this thing and delivering a great title every year.

Since it's back-to-school time, here are 10 things you must learn this year. Plus one of my own, learn how to park on the street, it saves you money.

Video of the Week

Here's a rarity. I think it's "catchy, not pitchy", because we all know it's no fun being an illegal alien. Each time I see this, I wonder if this would get greenlit these days. I mean it "borders" on being very politically incorrect. Things to look for: Phil Collins' bad accent, his "over the border" line slays me, noted Genesis choregraphy by walking in sync...sort of.

Genesis-"Illegal Alien"



Exercise Yard

I've got some hoops news. I was a winner in the NCAA's lottery for the Women's Final Four next April. It was kinda funny, as they sent me a follow-up e-mail that said their mail-merge didn't work. I was still a winner, but every letter they sent had the first name incorrect. I looked again and sure enough, they had my first name as "Alfred".

Cleveland State finally released their schedule for men's basketball. The most attractive home games are against George Mason and Kent. They even sneak in a league game in early December for the first time. The usual jabrones show up on the schedule with John Carroll and Notre Dame College represented. I have re-upped again and I'm excited about the team this year. Of course, I'm like that every year at this time.

Visitor

4 Down: Opponent of Deep Blue, IBM's chess computer (8 letters) Answer: Kasparov

No comments: