Thursday, August 31, 2006

Didn't watch much of the Browns game tonight, because Turner was showing "Double Indemnity". My Mom was a huge Barabara Stanwyck fan and turned me onto this flick years ago. I urge you to take a look at this one. A new double-disc DVD is out, so it might be worth the 2-hour time investment.

Stellar performances by Stanwyck, Edward G. Robinson and Fred MacMurray in his pre-Flubber days. Good stuff.

Meal of Links

Keith Olbermann delivers an outstanding attack on Donald Rumsfeld. Can't say it any better.

The Village Voice fired Robert Christgau. That's a statement I thought I'd never type.

Carolyn got fired. That can't be good for business.

Exercise Yard

How did I miss this chess cheating scandal? Maybe because steroids were not involved.

Visitor

20 Across: '70s TV costar with Demond (4 letters) Answer: Redd

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's why Keith is my TV news guy "boyfriend." I think he came back from vacation just so he could go off on Rummie. I know the republicans want to scare the Americans but this crap is really scaring me that they have no respect for the Constitution. I think we need the Donald to come in and fire the other Donald.
BTW - Keith talked about John tonight.

Anonymous said...

politics poli meaning many
tics meaning blood suckers--------my comment for today------- and that includes the Republicans and members of the Jackass party
---------------JMK

Anonymous said...

All Right JMK.... You need to calm down!! Serenity Now, Serenity Now, Serenity........