Monday, July 10, 2006

Has the "I lost my wallet" scam worked in, let's say, the last 25 years? I was on the receiving end of this story again today. This time it was, I'm from Cincinnati and came with my wife to pick up my daughter, who just had a baby. You can see her in the car. So, I start with the questions, here is what I get. I'm 238 miles from home, the daughter is 16, and they just used the wife's last seven dollars to get where they were. So, we have three people with no money and no credit cards, And one person who is really tired of hearing these stories.

Meal of Links

I think this story was grossly underplayed. Live Nation bought House of Blues Entertainment last week. This gives them Blossom, Tower City and House of Blues locally for concerts. I cannot see cheaper tickets.

Dan Rather signs with HDNet. I love Cubes, he's always working on something.

Gary Dee planning his own funeral. It's amazing how many callers our "Fearless Leader" gets in just a few minutes. It shows how he dominated the ratings back then. "People Power!" Part Ten has a guy ask if his liver is for sale. He also says John Manalesco shows his Zodiac in public. Part 23 has Carl Monday(!) reporting on the motorcade. Gary Dee, one of a kind.

Exercise Yard

Brian Windhorst tries to figure out LeBron's contract demands. Whatever he decides, let's quit worrying about it until his next option year, four years from now.

We have him for four more years. If we get good and win, he'll stay. Oh, it'll cost us, but we can still max him out later. But get his signature on something soon.

Visitor

53 Across: Loren of "Two Women" (6 letters) Answer: Sophia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd rather have Lebron sign a 5 year and then demand a trade after three. At least we could get something in return and still have hope of being competitive. After all the years of hoping for a home team discount or player loyalty and ALWAYS losing them, it's best to never get too attached to a ball player! Maybe we should start fielding trade offers in year 2 of that 3 year contract. PFS

Anonymous said...

I agree with Paul.LeBron is a business man and he will go where he wants to.So be wary after the third season of the contract when the skies will start to fall.Remember 3 years to win a title if not he goes free-agent and signs some contract like 5yrs at 150 million----------JMK