Saturday, May 13, 2006

If you head for the Gatorade this early, it can only mean one thing. Hangover. Or, judging by the clothes trail, there is a naked thief in my house.

While not betting the Derby last week, I was still jonesin' for some action. So, I've decided to make a wager on, of all things, "American Idol", a reality show I do not watch. Reality TV! I am currently developing a reality show where people survive racing to secluded destinations while singing. "Amazing Idol Survivors". Fox should be calling me back soon.

The bet. Best Friend has the lone female left, I have the two guys. Thanks to some prompting from Gale, here's the bet. If I win, Best Friend makes me a dinner of my choice. Cool, I like it. If she wins, she gets a dinner on me at a place of her choosing. OK, I'm thinkin' 5 courses for $5.95 at Arby's. At this point, I need someone on my team. Co-Conspirator gets involved in the conversation and tries to lend a helping hand. But, wait a minute. I tried to block out as many of the following words that crossed my path like tracer bullets: Wine, seven courses, tastings, wine with each course, Lodi, limo, Wooster Inn, $250 bottle of wine, Lola, chef cooks in your kitchen, expensive bottle of wine. I chose to remember simple things like, "no tie".

The contestants. Best Friend chooses the lovely Katharine McPhee. Since McPhee showed some cleavage a while back, she owns the one-handed voting bloc. I, on the other hand, have cast my lot with Taylor Hicks, a "Soul Patrol" spasmodic, and Elliott Yamin, apparently an Ewok. That about sums up the aura of the two bettors, wouldn't you say? But one of these two guys will win. I mean, they should win. I'd say they might win. Here's hoping they win. I dunno, can they win?

I'm hosed.

Meal of Links

Christ, an "American Idol" controversy. Just fix the votes for the two bozos I have.

It's the end of the line for Old Mother Hummer. Most other Hummers are still in vogue.

Granny beats off an alligator. Say that without thinking naughty things. Go ahead. Try it.

Exercise Yard

I guess there really was an ESPN stalker guy. Seems odd to base commercials on the concept now. Kinda creepy.

Visitor

43 Across: 2001 Wimbledon champ Ivanisevic (5 letters) Answer: Goran

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's put it this way she'll pick something like the Baracelli Inn over Sokolowski's--JMK

Anonymous said...

Baricelli Inn? I seem to recall something about portion size there.

Anonymous said...

Bericelli Inn is a wonderful place. Chef Paul Minillo believes in quality over quantity, YOU TROLL! That's the problem with Clevelanders, you want to get FAT feeding out of those HUGE feedbuckets that the CHAINS want to give you. I bet you're a former, DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEE out to harm your former boss. Me and the click will BANISH YOU from this forum. Regards, Linda Griffeth and the Food Forum SNOBS

Anonymous said...

Baricelli's out. All the staff snorts cocaine, as my sous-chef relative who worked there found out and gave as the reason he quit. And I believe him, un-huh cause you gotta be high to go to that stuffy joint.

On the other hand, folksy Fred Griffith is one of the celebrity chefs I would consider for a private dinner. But then I saw those Todd English commercials. Mmmmm top 50 sexiest...

And for the record, which conveniently didn't make this published version of the bet, BF picked Kat to win during the auditions in February, on a balmy evening in Oahu with 3 other witnesses, waaaaay before the final 3 were determined. And after many false predictions that "Kat will be out the next week," Old GrandDad finally had to put his money where his mouth is. That's why he gets either of the last 2 contestants, and BF gets the original Feb pick of sweet sweet Katherine.

There's this fabulous restaurant in Toronto - its so hip that no one wears a tie...that sounds like a nice din-din: http://www.metropolitan.com/soho/s5rest.asp