Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I almost bought cheese at Walgreen's today. Not sure why. Perhaps, a cry for help. I dunno, I had a hankering for grilled cheese and almost gave in right there. And at extortionist prices, as well. Maybe it's time for a call to Dr. Angus.

Meal of Links

Yanni gets busted for a domestic. If he wanted her to leave, he should have played one of his records.

Shocking news. The Paris "Bachelor" couple already broke up. Hard to fathom why people invest time in that crappy show.

More Van Halen news than a person can take. Plus, Richard Roeper really likes Bon Jovi's hair.

Exercise Yard

Kirby Puckett died today. Well, he turned out to be a not-so-nice guy after baseball, but I recall the first time I saw him with the Twins. My brother and I actually laughed when he came on screen vs. the Tribe in his rookie year. We thought, with that body, there was no way he'd last. Of course, he ripped us for something like 8 hits in the series, and he was on his way to stardom. I like to think we helped. And I still think Dennis Martinez intentionally threw at his head, which eventually led to the diagnosis of glaucoma and the end of his career.

Visitor

23 Across: Quirky comic Philips (3 letters) Answer: Emo ("How many people here have telekenetic powers? Raise my hand.")

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO, You're Cheesy........ I think Dr. Angus might be a decendent of Colonel Angus. He's just got that way with women and drives them wild. PFS

Anonymous said...

Is it a coincidence that Kirby was living in the same area as Albert Bell? Could he be involved? I suspect a conspiracy! Call channel 19 News.