Sunday, January 22, 2006

Kids say the darndest things. My niece is a now a comic. She has to name things for everything she does. We were throwing a ball to each other and she names it a game of "Pass the ball over the..." whatever. After a few more tosses she tells her Dad that we're playing a new game called "Pass gas!" Of course, I bust a gut and then she tells her Dad that he can't play the game because he doesn't know it. I gently remind her that even though her Dad wasn't allowed to play right then, he, in fact, knows the game well and he's quite good at it.

What else have we learned recently?

The serving size on a box of Girl Scout cookies is preposterous.

Giant Eagle's fresh salmon is pretty good.

I have no desire to ever set foot in the country of Cambodia.

Since WTAM switched affiliations to Fox News, Bill Wills is unlistenable in the morning.

The PD should not have included a chat with the idiot who ran on the field during the Browns-Steelers game to get his thoughts on Steelers-Broncos today.

Baked Cool Ranch Doritos are the best snack food ever.

Cue Larry King...I like making popcorn the old-fashioned way.

Never make a bet with someone who has been robbed, insisting you know the exact day they were robbed. I mean, those things are kind of indelible in the victim's mind.

How can a single person spend over $30 at Marc's? I did it today and I still don't know how. I didn't even buy Spam Singles, which has to be the oddest thing I've seen, because you must buy the whole can. You cannot beat a Spam and egg breakfast in the winter.

I want the Steelers and Panthers to win today.

I should have bought glasses months ago. But I am, once again, trying bifocals. This time with lines, a slight tint and the cool magnetic clip-ons.

Meal of Links

A whale died. Honestly, it didn't ruin my day, and I doubt it "thrilled the world".

I think I missed this, but the rebuilding of levees in Nawlins isn't going well, according to some. One expert claims the material they have ain't good for levee buildin'.

Foreign films hardly dent the U.S. market anymore. I think "Kung Fu Hustle" was the last one I saw.

Exercise Yard

Pacquiao beat Morales last night in the first big boxing matchup of 2006. And that's a good thing, because Pacquiao doesn't duck anyone and always gives max effort.

Visitor

None, it's NFC/AFC Championship Sunday.

No comments: