Monday, November 28, 2005

I finally had my doors put in the correct way today. Thanks for all the prayers, as the thermometer rose to the high 60's this afternoon. Perfect weather for installation activity. Success, finally.

I decided to take advantage of the weather earlier today by going downtown this morning for a walk. I haven't worked down there in quite a while, but my God, the Innnerbelt was a mess this morning, as everyone seemingly forgot how to drive over the holiday. It was backed up past Fulton. Not sure what was going on. But they were tearing up Euclid for those insipid bus lanes, as well.

Meal of Links

The Rock Hall announces the 2006 inductees. Cannot quibble with any of them: The Sex Pistols (may have flamed out early, but oh, my...), Black Sabbath (Ozzy...finally), Miles Davis ("Miles is back!"), Blondie (should be in there), and Lynyrd Skynyrd (really good Southern rock). They are all deserving, I think.

You should probably check out "Iconoclasts" on Sundance. I have seen the first two, Samuel L. Jackson-Bill Russell and Tom Ford-Jeff Koons. Pretty good stuff. Batali on Stipe sounds interesting.

It is Cyber Monday. Are these deals that good? "Free Shipping" is used all the time as a lure, isn't it? All I know is Nordstrom has a Go-Go's video remix of "Our Lips Are Sealed" on their site.

Exercise Yard

Michael Irvin uses the old "my car, but it ain't my pipe" defense. I'm sure the media will "keep up the intensity" on this one.

Visitor

10 Across: Designer Wang (4 letters) Answer: Vera

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hopefully the rock hall will remember the infamous tv interview of the Pistols.Do you really think John Lydon cares about the insipid industry? JMK