Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I'm back. I think I'm entitled to at least some part of the year to have my "Fuck You" shoes on, but I feel better now. But I hate doing it, because it is so not me.

Amongst many other things, I had it out with the good folks at Lowe's. I had the measurements for my doors taken three weeks ago. I was told when I ordered the doors, it would take a while for the installation. I called yesterday to find out nothing had been done with the measurements, but that there was an extra installation charge, as well. OK, when was someone gonna call me with that info? They are getting here on Monday. Finally. Oh, it ranked as one of my better rants. The all-timer is still the infamous Labor Day weekend bashing of a Cablevision guy several years ago, that resulted in, shall we say, a better deal for me.

And my blood test for my kidney came back AOK. Again, it's one of the "That was a false read" explanations.

Meal of Links

It's the premiere of the Video iPod. Very interesting to see what kind of content will be offered, besides the initial ABC/Disney stuff. Perhaps ESPN content down the road? Such as a video podcast of the late Sportscenter for free, for the morning commute? I mean, they are a Disney network.

I thought the choice of the new James Bond was kinda dumb. He's blond and I don't think he's a good-lookin' chap.

Tom Shales has an incredibly funny review of "Freddie". The Post's TV team of Shales and Lisa De Moraes is the best in the country.

Exercise Yard

The Minnesota Vikings are officially in disarray. New owner, embattled coach, and a sucky team. Try and get that new stadium bill passed now.

Visitor

15 Across: "American ____" (4 letters) Answer: Idol

No comments: