Monday, October 24, 2005

I was surprised that I was late with a mortgage payment last month. Not really, but I received a notice that I had. Last month, I had to go through the process of opening up a new checking account, and, of course, had the auto-pay function for my payments. Well, someone at Third Federal decided to turn off that function without my knowledge. OK, that was strange. The money was in there, but no one felt compelled to check out that part of the deal. But it's all fixed now. Or so they say.

Meal of Links

If you have a chance to listen to KEXP, do it. I can dial in via iTunes. I just heard a song from Nigeria, as I type this. Check out the website at www.kexp.org.

"Goodfellas" is named the greatest movie ever. Total Film also had "Fight Club" at 4.

Fuzzy math of the day. The show "Frazier" makes $1.5 billion during the course of its run. How does it become $200 million in the red?

Exercise Yard

Oh, yeah, I'm watching the World Series. But I am at the end of my rope with Tim McCarver. The man will not shut the fuck up. I watched the last two innings of the game on mute, because of this gem regarding the Houston closer, Brad Lidge: "Tonight, the bridge to Lidge is a wide span." Why can't Joe Buck say, "That is a disgusting act!"? Jee-zus.

Visitor

15 Across: "Fernando" pop group (4 letters) Answer: ABBA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cringed as I did the puzzle yesterday and thought back to our experience in the alley with the air conditioners screeching and ABBA crooning in the background. I can't get away from that freakin' group! I can't remember a great ABBA memory EVER! It should be BBAA!!!

Anonymous said...

I looked at the top 100 movies list. Looks like biblical movies were intentionally left off. Ben Hur, Greatest Story Ever Told, The 10 Commandments... sinners!!
I thought Shawshank should've made the top 10. Fight Club at 4 was a surprise. ...and where is Happy Gilmore???? What a farce! (I'm kidding about the last one.) PFS