Saturday, October 15, 2005

I think we've all been accosted with the "ran out of gas" scam. But I was down by the Stadium the other day and someone added a new twist. This car pulls up with three people in it. Two guys in the front and one woman in the back. The passenger side guy gets out of the car and asks me, "Do you speak English?" Not sure where that came from, as I was not wearing lederhosen. Strange question still. Anyhow, he tried to say his son ran out of gas, blah, blah, blah. Of course, I told him I couldn't help.

Not that I needed to analyze what just happened, but I did. I could not understand why the other two people in the car weren't "helping" the guy. It was weird. The guy got back in the car and they sped off. I was perplexed.

Meal of Links

You need to watch video number ten from Friday's "Today" program. Reporter in New Jersey in a canoe talking about bad floods. Two guys then WALK by her and the water is ankle deep. Thank God, Lauer and Couric called her on it. You had to admire the reporter for sticking to her guns, but come on, you can't invent the news.

Monty Python scripts. "New Bruce. Are you a pooftah?"

I guess folks actually thought Walken for President was legit. Oh boy.

Exercise Yard

Tedy Bruschi will attempt to come back from a stroke and play this season. Now that would be an amazing story.

Visitor

50 Across: Lady who was a friend of Shaw (5 letters) Answer: Astor

No comments: