Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I guess I was one of the 16(!) percent of eligibles who actually voted in the Cleveland mayoral primary yesterday. What a shitty turnout. Something has gone terribly wrong with the mentality of the Cleveland voters over the last two months. The tax levy vote had not much of a turnout and now this. It's disheartening when apathy takes root in the electorate. This used to be a town that would bitch about a lot of things, but at least would show up to vote.

Perhaps folks will wake up in a month and vote. I guess people assumed Campbell is on her way out and don't really care who takes her place. I'm not sure Frank Jackson is the right choice either, but my God, we cannot let Campbell get another four-year term. The last time we did that in this state, both Taft and Bush got another four years and we regretted it the day after that election. Wake up out there!

Meal of Links

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Nipsey Russell is dead.

I'm very disappointed that after investing 12 weeks in determining who was roit for our band, INXS, they decide not to tour here. Looks like Chicago is the closest realistic venue. Unbelievably, their new hit single, "Pretty Vegas" was #4 on iTunes today. Mayne Daphna bought it.

If you face some tough questions, ask a philosopher. As in: "If I really hate the band Interpol, and then hear a song that I like called "Evil", should I continue to speak out against them or bite my tongue til it bleeds?"

Exercise Yard

Jon Wertheim of SI is such a good writer, he may get you interested in tennis. I don't watch much of it anymore, but I always check out his columns.

Visitor

12 Down: "80's Ladies" singer (7 letters) Answer: K.T. Oslin

No comments: