Saturday, September 03, 2005

It is the start of my vacation...finally.

Pretty much abandoned the Miami game at the half today. Note I didn't say Ohio State game. 20-0 at halftime and they didn't look good at all. I'm anxious to see how the Gund looks for the boxing on Showtime later.

Last night, we made it to Fournos Cafe on the patio. Boy, they have really tasty pita chips there. I had a corned beef panini that was pretty good. Also, I had some stuffed grape leaves that I'd never had before. They were OK, but I'm not sure about the attraction of that item.

Tonight, it's Taste of Cleveland with Michael McDonnell. I'm hungry already.

Meal of Links

Kanye West rips the government during the telethon special for the hurricane. "George Bush doesn't care about black people" was apparently not from his NBC script. Omigod, Mike Myers looked as if his face walked right into a shovel. The clip is an all-timer!

The media get testy with politicians and they way they've handled the aftermath of the hurricane AND the flooding.

You know it's bad in Nawlins when Fox reporters snap back at their spinning anchors. (It's a really big file)

Exercise Yard

ESPN is sticking with the same anchors on the big shows, instead of rotating people in and out. No Stuart Scott. Thank you!

And do the suits there actually watch News? My God, half those guys on that channel can't deliver a line without some inane stab at humor.

Visitor

41 Down: _____ (5 letters) Answer: H. Ross

No comments: