Saturday, August 06, 2005

I got to see so many friends last night. Best Friend and Best Friend Spouse on their way to the big "If I Could Drink With The Animals" thing at the zoo. Couple more on their way to see (gulp) Kenny Chesney. And my cousin Ron shows up. It was great to drink with him and neither one of us got into any trouble for doing it. For a change.

So I got up early and walked off the many beers I had yesterday. Of course, I do this down by the Stadium and surrounding environment. The final preparations for tonight's practice were already underway and I'm sure my car is now on the profiled list of the authorities. You see, they were already blocking the street at 8 a.m. That seems early to me, but as I was making one of my circuits I noticed a security truck by my car. When I got closer, I noticed West Third was blocked, so I had to move down by the Science Center. No words exchanged, but I could see lots of scribbling going on when I moved. The grass lokked mowed and from the outside it looked like a go for the practice.

Meal of Links

Is it just me or have the Russians perfected the art of leaving a submarine on the floor of a body water? I guess no lessons were learned from the last one.

Holly Hunter is pregnant with twins. Wait a minute, I thought "her insides were a rocky place where my seed could find no purchase."

We're melting.

Exercise Yard

The NCAA has decided to ban all Indian mascots. Once again, the NCAA doesn't do a total ban, the rule only applies to mascots appearing in postseason events. Which seems odd that it's OK where you're at, but not on a national stage. This happened at my alma mater, Miami, a while back, and even with official blessing from the tribe, it didn't wash with the NCAA. So, out with Redskins, in with Redhawks. People get all blustery about it, but resisitance proves futile. My sense is that North Dakota and Florida State will put up the biggest fights.

Visitor

34 Across: Bandleader Lewis (3 letters) Answer: Ted ("Is everybody happy?")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you didn't have to do any adult babysitting but having another "celery" or a "take your foot off my bar stool" story would add significantly to your repertoire.
Tell Lou Merletti I said "HI".