Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I saw "War of the Worlds" after work today. I thought it kicked some major ass. Guess what? Tom Cruise runs a sprint in this movie, like he does in every one of his films. Dakota Fanning is starting to rival Shirley Temple and Jodie Foster (more on her later) for best child actress of all time. Tim Robbins is starting to nail the weirdo role pretty well. Special effects were good, the story moved at a great pace, and it wasn't preachy, so I thought it very good. I didn't think anything was too gory or violent. And I set a PB in driving home from Macedonia Commons.

There are some upcoming flicks that look interesting. The "King Kong" trailer looked much better on the big screen than in that three-minute segment on all the NBC channels the other day. Kate Hudson is in a movie which takes place in the bayou and has all the trappings of voodoo and terror. I think John Hurt reprises his role from "Alien" as a guy Kate has to take care of. At least, I thought it was him. Jodie Foster, in her movie, plays a woman who has designed a new commercial jet airliner and on the inaugural flight, her daughter disappears. That looked like a winner to me, because somebody on that plane knows something and they ain't talkin'. Of course, since she designed the plane, she knows all the neat hiding places and where they store the odd weapon in case you need it, I'm sure.

Meal of Links

In his new book, Bobby Flay is teaching us how to grill healthier. Just in time for the Fourth.

Cleveland Originals is selling some restaurant equipment at the Farmers Market at Shaker Square on Saturday, in case you need some kitchen tools or something. I'm pretty sure I'll be at the Crocker Park Farmers Market on Saturday gathering items for my holiday menu. Of course, with a quick run into Trader Joe's.

AMC Theatres are offering a money-back guarantee on "Cinderella Man". You can watch Angelo Dundee act! You must go.

Exercise Yard

I watched the NBA Draft last night. What an awful production this was. Jay Bilas kept telling everyone after each pick, "He's long" and what his wingspan was. Christ, can the guy dribble? And, as we discussed at work, where are ESPN's NBA Insiders, like Bucher or Ford? They need to be a part of this program, because it was Dullsville, man.

The highlight for me was Deron Williams' girlfriend, Amy Young. Drop dead gorgeous. I will never root against this guy again. Ever.

Visitor

6 Down: "Dracula" author Stoker (4 letters) Answer: Bram

No comments: