Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Casey Blake homered today (and what was with all those day games today?), but have you seen Wendy's 99-cent menu recently? I was at the drive thru for lunch and I recalled seeing bacon prices were higher lately. Sure enough, the Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger now clocks in at $1.19. I can't figure out what we farm. First it was a milk shortage, now bacon?

After work, I went to the Home Depot to purchase my "Step 2" of lawn care. This was about the time the darkest clouds this side of the Pecos came roaring through. I am not kidding, I think the temperature dropped 15 degrees while I was in line.

Meal of Links

At first glance, I thought this review of "Revenge of the Sith" was written by Ed Anger.

A new study says watching NASCAR makes you smarter. But you already knew that.

A plane flies into White House air space and they have to scramble the jets and go into emergency mode in DC. The First Lady, Dick Cheney and others are gathered up to go to their spider hole. Where's the President? Oh, he's out riding his bike. Oblivious.

Exercise Yard

James Toney is now, pound for pound, the fattest guy on steroids. Therefore, John Ruiz unretires and we're back to square one again in the heavyweight division. Maybe I should just watch "The Contender".

Visitor

52 Down: Cartoon roadrunner, sometimes (4 letters) Answer: Blur

No comments: