Wednesday, April 06, 2005

What do you do when you leave your wallet at home and realize it when you're at work? Well, I was OK with food. Had some yogurt for breakfast and I brought a salad from home. But then I was offered a free lunch and I took advantage of that, as we went to Rockne's.

But I had a problem, because I was near E on the gas tank. So, after work, I bought a whole $2 of gas with eight quarters from my car. I believe the pump read 0.907 gallons. It got me home.

Meal of Links

I am really warming up to the US version of "The Office". I really thought it was gonna suck, but it makes me laugh out loud. The "Diversity Day" episode was especially funny. And the receptionist is a real cutie.

The rapper C-Murder changed his name to C-Miller. Can "See the USA in a C-Miller Chevrolet" be dropped into a hip-hop beat?

The new "Star Wars" is out soon. Therefore, the idiots who stand in lines for weeks to see the new "Star Wars" started to line up. Unfortunately, for them, at the wrong theater.

Exercise Yard

I guess one could rag on Wicky Wicky Bob quite easily after he blew today's game, but I won't. But I will rag on Tom Hamilton's constant carping about White Sox attendance. Today, he was complaining about a crowd of 10,500 in Chicago (noting it wasn't even that large), saying they should draw more and blah, blah, blah. Failing to mention the Sox outdrew the Indians last year. He does this every year in Chicago. I'm not kidding. When the Indians were riding high attendance-wise, he was gloating over the fact the Sox were giving away tickets at BK. Hammy, let me know what the attendance is the day game in May when the Angels are in town. If we are such a great baseball town, we should have tons of folks at that game, right? Oh, he angers me so.

Visitor

4 Down: Beatles drummer before Ringo (8 letters) Answer: Pete Best

No comments: