Monday, April 18, 2005



There was black smoke coming from the Sistine Chapel today. That means two things. Boog Powell must be catering the event, and they haven't elected this guy yet.



I know I am extremely tardy to this party, but I forced myself to watch one of the "Law and Order" episodes on USA over the weekend. For the first time ever. It was one of the "Criminal Intent" series, that had its first run on NBC a couple of weeks ago. It's not hard to figure why these franchises are so popular. Vincent D'Onofrio is really good as the lead, and not once did I find myself clockwatching. It's horrible when you invest the time and it's 11:50 and you say to yourself, "How are they gonna figure this out?" They wrapped it up in a logical way and maybe I lucked out with a good episode, but it was a pleasant diversion. Don't know if I'll watch a second one, but I was impressed. "And McMahon, I don't impress that easily."

Meal of Links

Batgirl has a nice Indians-Twins series wrap on her blog. She's for the Twins, hence the hostility towards the Tribe.

Clay Aiken visits Dr. Phil tomorrow. Unlike Mark McGwire, he talks about the past. I'm guessing America decides to catch up on sleep during this program.

Shouldn't the NHL playoffs be starting soon? Chris Chelios talks about an old coach of his, Jules Winnfield. "French, motherfucker. Do you speak it?"

Exercise Yard



How can the Washington Nationals not have an eagle as their mascot? Instead, they have come up with a lame bird named "Screech". Wait a minute, it IS an eagle? Good grief. As Foghorn would say, "Go away, boy. You bother me."

Visitor

37 Across: Actress Thurman (3 letters) Answer: Uma, Jerry, Uma

No comments: