Sunday, April 10, 2005

The Cleveland mayoral campaign has started. I saw the first Frank Jackson commercial yesterday and I found some literature on my door from Judge Triozzi. I'm thinking Jackson would be the current front-runner, but we'll see how the incumbent does. I don't think she has a prayer. And with Regina Brett's (her Pulitzer run?) constant harping on the schools, she's gonna have a tough time convincing anyone she should be re-elected.

Meal of Links

The Cookie Monster is cutting back on cookies. Or lining up a new Showtime series about a fat Muppet.

There will not be a filly at this year's Kentucky Derby. Sweet Catomine ran pretty flat in the Santa Anita Derby and must now be pointed to the Kentucky Oaks. Hey, my upset winner in the BC Juvie, Wilko, finished a hard-charging third.

Why do those Vonage commercials make me laugh? I'm a sucker for Dizzy Bat, however the Batter slays me every time.

Exercise Yard

Cavs beat Milwaukee in a HUGE game last night. After I said they would make the playoffs, they have had some lopsided losses. But they are up by two in the loss column and I still think they are in.

I was checking in on old friend Omar Vizquel to see how he was doing. I noticed he had 4 stolen bases, thus far. But my own personal "Behind the Numbers" reveals that he should have been picked off once, but miraculously made it to second. Some things do not change.

Visitor

None, it's Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I can't let you get away with the Omar dig. What's the cliche..."At least he is an aggressive base runner"? I am still freaked out with having Joey "Feakin" Cora's baby brother playing short stop for the Tribe because last year's AAA MVP can't fill Omar's shoes (or should I say gold gloves).