Saturday, February 26, 2005



"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit."--Bill Hicks, 1961-1994

Bill Hicks died eleven years ago today. Could be the funniest man I've ever seen. For some reason, Hicks was immensely popular in the UK, but maybe had too much of an edge for US audiences. Of course, Denis Leary and others stole his act. He was "Chomsky with dick jokes." There is a website for Hicks in case you need to learn more about him. A sample:

"I smoke...if this bothers anyone, I recommend you looking around the world in which we live and shutting your fucking mouth. Take that home with ya. I got some news to tell you tonight. Very exciting news. For nonsmokers? Oh, I can't wait to tell y'all this 'cause I know you don't know this...and I feel it's my duty to pass on information at all times so that way we can all evolve quicker. Nonsmokers, you ready? This, by the way, is a FACT too. Nonsmokers, ready? Drum roll. Nonsmokers die every day. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! O-ho, sleep tight. Oh, the truth shall set you free. I know that you nonsmokers entertain some type of eternal life fantasy because you don't smoke cigarettes. Well let me be the first to pop that fucking bubble and send you about your way with some little truth: you're gonna fucking die. OK? OK. Love ya! Shut the fuck up. And you know what doctors say: "Shit, if only you'd smoked. We'd have the technology to help ya." It's you people dying from nothing that are screwed. I got all sorts of neat gadgets waiting for me. Iron lung, oxygen tent, it's like CHRISTMAS."

Meal of Links

Nothing will beat the original. Nothing.

It's amazing what you can find on the Internet. I bring you Blink-O-Rama. People caught blinking on TV. For no apparent reason, I am laughing out loud right now. People blink, why is that funny? Help me.

The Backstreet Boys are back. Ugh.

Exercise Yard



Curling just doesn't have the same pizzazz as beach volleyball.



Visitor

46 Across: "The Mothman Prophecies" actor (4 letters) Answer: Gere

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beach volleyball is not a sport