Sunday, January 23, 2005

I jumped the gun, of course, about the snow yesterday. I forgot about the inevitable drifting and I had about an hour's worth of shovelling this a.m. to move that crap. I had TVG on about 8:30 last night and could not believe Northfield was still racing. Snow coming down. I can't believe anyone showed up live, although it points to the power of simulcasting. With many tracks closed yesterday, I guess they felt they could pick up the scraps of the lack of east coast racing.

Yesterday's wind and snow allowed me to construct a Boboli Thin Crust with all the fixins I had hanging around. You know, peppperoni, onion, black olive, jalapeno. Not the gastric nightmare one would think. Then I cracked open the first season DVD of "Arrested Development". Many laughs.

But you know the DVD craze is getting out of hand when "The Greatest American Hero" shows up in that form.

Meal of Links

So, the Trump nuptials took place yesterday. In attendance were: Simon Cowell, Regis Philbin, Heidi Klum, Tony Bennett, Chris Matthews (huh?), Katie Couric, Russell Simmons, Barbara Walters, Billy Joel, Rudy Giuliani, Matt Lauer, Don King, Kelly Ripa, Pat O'Brien, George from "The Apprentice" ("Do you think I'm a clone?"), and Star Jones.

An exclusive photo of the bride:



Utah thinks they can make more money from the Sundance Film Festival. I'd say move it to a different month and location.

Spamalot heads to Broadway. I'm thinking this would be pretty good.

Exercise Yard

Boxing has crept back into the picture. Home Box had the Mayweather-Bruseles fight last night. Floyd Mayweather, Jr., on his way to court, in workmanlike fashion, beat Bruseles in 8. It appears that HBO is setting up Mayweather in a fight with Arturo Gatti, who is on next Saturday.

PBS has been getting into the sweet science lately. Ken Burns film on Jack Johnson, "Unforgivable Blackness", was incredible. One of the best sports documentaries I've seen. Worth catching a rerun.

And it looks like on Monday, 45/49 has "The Fight", a look at the Schmeling-Louis fight.

Visitor

None, it's Sunday.

No comments: