Sunday, January 16, 2005

I accompanied some friends to Michael Symon's Lola the other night. Excellent food. The smoked fish appetizer was outstanding, which allowed everyone to sing "Like A Sturgeon" and I had walleye that was magnifique. But I told my Dad yesterday that he was in the wrong business, because a dozen pierogis at Lola would cost $54. Yep, two pierogi apps for $9. Lots of fun there though.

Latest version of Random Thoughts:

I think I had a bizarre sleeping injury as my pinky feels like it may have been broken.

Ralphie May should not be on Celebrity Fit Club. Seriously, that guy looks like he needs bariatric surgery. Like last week.

The poker series, Tilt on ESPN, has the potential to be really bad. Michael Madsen gets fellated within the first 10 minutes of epsiode one, so be prepared to hide the kiddies throughout this one. My favorite Madsen line from week one: "I wipe my ass with 8 grand."

The Mad TV version of Ashlee Simpson offering excuses was one of the funniest things I've seen lately.

The Steelers were very lucky to beat the J-E-T-S yesterday. Roethlisberger was terrible and his last interception was rather Couch-like. Very bad mechanics on that one. Two missed FGs bailed out Cowher. I'd still like the answer on why the Jets took a knee (to lose yardage!!) with six seconds left in regulation.

Meal of Links

A review of NFL Films'"Autumn Thunder" CD.

Court stuff. The trials of Tyco and Worldcom start up this week.

Live from Saturn.

Exercise Yard

The latest documentary from Ken Burns looks like a keeper. It's about Jack Johnson. And it has Bert Sugar involved, so it has to be good.

Visitor

None, it's Sunday.

No comments: