Sunday, October 10, 2004

Isolation Thought

Something that Giant Eagle does has me perplexed. I'm not talking about buying 15 items and getting 9 plastic bags. It's about Giant Eagle Diet Cola. My Iggle does not stock their Diet Cola in 2-liter bottles. You can get it in a 12-pack of cans, but not in a bottle. That's strange. You can get Diet Ginger Ale or Diet Root Beer, and any of the assorted fruity flavors in 2-liter bottles. It isn't killing me or anything, but I find it really odd.

Meal of Links

Sizable reward for finding who drowned a dog in Massachusetts. It was almost like a mob hit. On a dog. That's sick.

Every once in a while, I'll tune in the MLB playoffs on my Fox Sports Spanish station. It's on about a 10-second delay from the regular broadcast. But the commercials are funny. It used to be they would just do a voiceover on an English ad. But there's Catherine Zeta-Jones for T-Mobile saying "Recibe Mas" at the end of the commercial. It startled me this morning when the European Golf announcer told me, "It's time for a Gray Goose." and it wasn't even 10:00 here. Then it sunk in that they are in a different time zone.

I had not checked in with the friendly folks from Weekly World News for some time. I'm happy to report that canine burqas are now standard issue in the Middle East. They are called "barkas".

Exercise Yard

I watched the end of the Seattle-Saint Louis game today and it shows how bad the Browns are. I have no confidence when they fall behind that they can actually mount a comeback. Saint Louis was out of it, as late as midway through the 4th quarter, and they still got the win. We can't even "pad the stats" late, because we are so bad. I'm not sure where the team is headed, but it was not pretty to watch today, and it seems kinda bleak. It's easy to say we've only played five games, but I can't point to anything that we do consistently well. Very hard to think of playoffs after today.

Visitor

None, it's Sunday.

No comments: