Friday, October 29, 2004

Isolation Thought

I'm not sure if everyone had the same reaction as me when I saw Jimmy Fallon on the field after the Red Sox won the other day. Mine was , "WTF? Why is Jimmy Fallon on my screen right now. And why is he kissing that chick on the field?" And, it appeared that the Saint Louis police were letting Boston fans run on the field after the game. I didn't think much of it. Then, of course, I learn that baseball commits another blunder by letting the Farrelly Brothers film the ending to their movie right after the final out. Fallon was on the screen with some crowd shots during the game as well and sure enough, the film is a Fox production. The beauty of the on-field celebration is that it is not choregraphed. Until now.

Meal of Links

I haven't forgotten about the most important election of our lifetime. It's good to know al-Qaeda has their own production company. There has been a big Democratic turnout in early balloting in Broward County, Florida. Rasmussen has Bush ahead slightly, 49-48. My prediction is 52-47. I just don't know who it will be.

"Saw" comes out today. The trailer for this was really creepy.

My old friend, Courtney Love, has to stand trial again. She may be clean and sober, but have to do time. Poor girl.

Exercise Yard

After watching many playoff games, I agree with "Shut Up Tim McCarver". My favorite was when he said a walk was as good as a home run. Steve Lyons, when he wasn't talking about Carlos Beltran's monkey, paraphrased this in the Houston series by insisting the Braves would do better to hit a single with men on base, than a homer. Clown.

Visitor

16 Across: Jack's preceder (3 letters) Answer: Ike

No comments: