Sunday, October 24, 2004

Isolation Thought

I am not attending today's Browns home game vs. the Eagles and it's a good thing, because I'm tuckered out. I was in Lakewood so much yesterday, I feel like I should pay taxes there. First, I met with friends at Around the Corner for brunch. I missed the make your own bloody mary bar and it's a shame, I felt I could have done a better job than what I received. Maybe they didn't have it, because there was no garnish available. I hope this wasn't a permanent loss. Then I was over at the West End Tavern (and of course, the Pet Shop Boys did get a mention) in the evening. And after some old timers left, yours truly was, once again, the oldest person in the bar. But this time, it wasn't as hot and claustrophobic as Liquid. Pretty good jukebox, but when you hear a song and are reduced to guessing who the artist might be, well, someone needs to shout out what the song is. Definitely recognized "Pretty in Pink" a lot quicker than "I think it might be 50 Cent. But it might be that other guy. Ludacris, maybe?"

Meal of Links

Did anyone see the awful performance (video includes performance and lame-o apology) of Ashlee Simpson on SNL last night? What a comeuppance. Her supposedly live performance was halted because the sound guy played the tape of a different vocal track. I always thought SNL was the hallmark of live performances, but this dolt Simpson could do nothing but some stupid little jig and slink off the stage. Of course, like any good professional, she blamed the band at the end of the program.

Sadly, Henry Earl spends another birthday behind bars.

John Lehman, 9/11 commission member, says we know where Osama is hiding. "We'll get him eventually, just not now."

Exercise Yard

Omigod, the old Manny returned to Fenway last night.

Visitor

None, it's Sunday.

No comments: