Sunday, September 12, 2004

Isolation Thought

Randomness from the Browns first regular season home game:

My brother Jeff's record at the new stadium is 7-5. Maybe he should have the tickets.
Defense today was outstanding. Kenard Lang was dancing after each of his tackles.
If it smelled under the Shoreway, I didn't even care.
Garcia and the offense was non-existent for about three quarters and looked awful.
Cleveland Browns Stadium northwest escalator broken. Again. But they let us use the stairs.
Second play of game...false start!!! Again. Did you hear me?
Winslow's a playa, dude.
Looks like there was a big change in STH's around us this year. Idiots from Columbus were in front of us. Thank God, they were not season ticket holders. Pretty normal until we had a disagreement on strategy near halftime. Their second half lowlights: After first touchdown, one male tore down the pants of other male. Second male relieved himself in a beer cup, a first for the new stadium that I've seen.
I think Garcia had a great last 16 minutes of the game.
Best line from me (Commenting on a group of four lovely young women, who wore boas(!) to the game): "They probably got them from the strip club where they work."
Best line by a random: "My name is Big Mack and you can kiss my ass, Jamal Lewis."
Best new nameplate on a #2 jersey: PUSSY
Oddest Browns jersey: #38 Langham.
Only $3.50 bottle of pop at stand...Pepsi Edge. $5.00 souvenir soda of Pepsi purchased instead. $4.00 hot dogs, as well. Look for the new napkins which roll out like toilet paper.
Asinine halftime contest is still there.
The Brownie made his return on t-shirts. Unfortunately he was pissing on the Ravens' logo with "Fuck Baltimore" on the back.
Beggar solicitations: 0.
19 Action News was handing out t-shirts in easy shrinkable L sizes.
Bad high school cheerleading.
Many drunks. No ejections or lectures. Just peeing and nacho farts from Columbus guy.
Worst ad ever. The sing-along from Dave and Buster's. The song: "Sweet Caroline". Of course, I sang. We were reaching out and touching people all over the place. How that fits in with football is anyone's guess.
Hey, we won 20-3.

Meal of Links

Are we really in need of "The Tony Danza Show"? It really bugs me that a guy like that has his own TV show and I don't. I'm calling my agent tomorrow.

Fingerprint passwords intrigue me. But will it work after you eat Cheetos?

Mexicans hate light beer.

Exercise Yard

Roger Federer absolutely dominated the U.S. Open final. In a conversation this a.m., I said Federer had an excellent chance at becoming one of the all-time greats. A true artist on the court. From a shotmaking perspective, might be the best since McEnroe.

Visitor

None, it's Sunday.

No comments: