Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Isolation Thought

I have had it with the folks at the OfficeMax near Parmatown. During this calendar year I have yet to have a smooth visit at this location. I needed to get an X-acto knife for self-mutilation purposes and, of course, they run out of register tape at the checkout. So the young hussy tells me, "I am majorly out of tape.", then screams for Deb. Then she suggests that maybe they need to put a longer warning line on the tape. Another customer shows up behind me and obviously knows the hussy and asks why there are no other registers open. My thought bubble reads: Has this guy ever been here before? Hussy suggests that many associates called off, they all had strep (BTW, is that the 21st century excuse for a cold?). Guy asks hussy, "Does that make you mad?" I butt in with, "No, it makes the customers mad." Just then Deb opens up Register 2 and I feel like kicking OfficeMax's ass to the curb as I leave.

What is going on with "The Apprentice"? Last week, it was a crazy person, this week, a bigot. Where were the screeners?

Meal of Links

If you go out to party for 33 hours, call a sitter.

Be careful how you pronounce the big asteroid, Toutatis.

Why doesn't Jimmy Carter shut his yap? This talk about election problems and international observers is just hot air.

Exercise Yard

Old Left Eye (Milton Bradley) finally blows his top at the Dodger game.

Visitor

12 Down: Murphy's "48 HRS." costar (5 letters) Answer: Nolte

No comments: