Monday, August 23, 2004

Isolation Thought

I got to play a version of America's fun game, "Hey, I Remember That Asshole" at tonight's Indians game. There was an older guy there keeping score while wearing a baseball glove. Friends, once you hit a certain age, you stop wearing a glove to a game, regardless of location. This guy passed that years ago. Early in the game, he started yelling obnoxious, but insipid things about the Yankees. Then Slider helped with an engagement, which always makes me puke. Anyhow, there was a Yankee fan involved, I guess, because the guy started yelling that if she got pregnant, they should have an abortion. Politics and morals aside, that's just plain stupid. Then it hit me. I sat by this guy at a Yankee game in 2001. It was the game I went to with my cousin Ron that is immortalized as "L'Affaire du Celery". To make a long story short, he got in trouble and I got blamed. Anyhow, this idiot had the same lines from 3 years ago. When Jeter got hit by Wicky Wicky Bob in the 9th, I swear this guy had a conniption. I'm not sure I've ever witnessed one before, but I think he had one.

Regardless, Sheff came up next and, of course, homered. We lose, nobody hurls stuff at us, thinking we are with that guy, and I made it home safely.

Meal of Links

If I'm a juror and Sandra Bullock walks in, she wins.

This is the best article, so far, to fully describe what's going on with the Swift Boat incident. It's obvious the hatred of Kerry runs deep amongst many of the Vietnam Vets.

The virtual girlfriend on your mobile phone. Thea's got legs. Those two items could be related. If they're smart.

Exercise Yard

Paul Hamm, give back your medal! You did not win. You won because some idiot couldn't multiply correctly. You'll be on more than Wheaties boxes, if you do it. Come on, man. Think!! In two weeks, nobody remembers you. Turn in your medal, you're immortalized.

Visitor

67 Across: Historical seamstress (4 letters) Answer: Ross

No comments: