Monday, June 14, 2004

Isolation Thought

Ralph Wiley died today. If you've never read Ralph Wiley, you missed out on a lot. I remember stumbling upon him about 20 years ago during his SI days. This was when sportswriters on television were a rarity. I always thought on the surface he had "the young, angry black man" persona down perfectly. But after reading and listening to him a few times, there was a lot of power behind those words and it wasn't an act at all. I don't think he ever lost that punch and I'll miss reading him. A major loss for everyone.

Meal of Links

Eating fruit can help your eyesight. Even with my new glasses, I think I wrote that correctly.

Dell plans to sell more TVs. I like my Dell products and have had no problems.

Get used to more ads at the movies. Generally, I don't mind ads, unless it's something I have seen on TV. I appreciate it when advertisers recognize it's a different medium and adjust their pitch.

Exercise Yard

Tim Couch goes to the Packers. Packer fans hope Favre plays til he's 50.

Visitor

11 Down: "Beetle Bailey" cartoonist Walker (4 letters) Answer: Mort

No comments: