Sunday, April 25, 2004

Isolation Thought

No one stole my Sunday paper today. It's been three weeks since the last incident, but it was not exactly chock full of interesting reads. Usually something hops out at me that makes me linger a while on the topic. No such luck today. Even the sports page was pretty uneventful.

Meal of Links

I apologize, but who the hell is Usher? Have I heard this tune? Do I know this guy? Should I care?

Infineon, in a rare move, is actually outsourcing jobs to the USA. Hooray, we still know how to make stuff.

I love reading the NYTimes, because you never know what you'll find. Here is their Jack Welch-Suzy Wetlaufer wedding announcement. When their affair hit the papers, this was considered a scandal of major proportions. I understand it's their announcement, so they wouldn't touch upon that aspect of their relationship. But reading this blurb, you'd think it was some old country gentleman settling down in later life. Sheesh.

Exercise Yard

Corrie Sanders looked "heavy" for his loss to Vitali Kllitschko for the WBC Heavywight title. Looked like Sanders was there to land one big left hand (considering he threw it, oh maybe, once or twice a round), but Klitschko hit him a lot. More than a lot. I bet Corrie is suffering from a really sore face today. Larry Merchant probably had his best analysis in a long time on the HBO broadcast, perhaps because it was only he and Lamps calling the fight. I laughed when Klitschko called out Lennox Lewis, because he can't make any money fighting any of the jabrones left in the division. Maybe Toney can bring him some moolah, but not Ruiz, Brewster, or even Byrd.

Visitor

None, it's Sunday.

No comments: