Monday, April 19, 2004

Isolation Thought

I have to get my front steps repaired, as it appears they are sinking. Quickly. I'm just hoping they can last a couple of weeks until "Pete" fixes them. I have had very good luck with finding contractors in the "Old Brooklyn News". I like to spend my cash in a folksy, neighborhood manner. They are easier to chase down in a folksy way throughout the neighborhood, if something goes wrong. BTW, I found a half-empty bottle of Pepsi in a parking lot the other day. Of course, it was an iTunes bottle. Eschewing all health risks, I opened the bottle and under the cap was "One Free Song"!!! I ended up with about 20 freebies during the contest. Had a fairly high ratio of hits. Looking forward to the next promotion.

Meal of Links

Duke University is eliminating all 8:00 a.m. classes because the students are not getting the proper amount of sleep. This must be a recent college phenomenon. I know I slept more in my college years than anytime in my life. Of course, we had no Internet, no cable TV, and I think beer had just been invented. It was very mysterious.

Fox seems content to just steal NBC reality show ideas. First, it was Richard Branson aping Trump, now Oscar de la Hoya mimics Stallone. Look for "Scary Factor" in the fall.

McDonald's CEO dies. Mayor McCheese, the Hamburglar and Evil Grimace express interest in job.

Exercise Yard

Even the famous can suffer from "frozen shoulder" syndrome.

Visitor

35 Across: Gonzalez in 2000 news (5 letters) Answer: Elian

No comments: