Friday, April 23, 2004

Isolation Thought

I despise queuing. I had the unfortunate experience of visiting two Marc's and a National City branch today. It amazes me that these lines have now turned into "Test Jim's Patience Day". At one Marc's, a woman in front of me had one item, which leads one to believe a quick exit might be forthcoming. This mensa paid for DEODORANT with a check!!! For $2.52. Of course, she then had to answer questions on where she lived, etc. Tick...tick...tick. At the other Marc's, bluehair cashier sees a packet of Smoothie mix I wanted to buy. "Ya try that before?" was her nicotine-enhanced question. What, in God's name, should I answer to that inquiry? Just punch the freakin' numbers. The bank was fine, but it kinda disturbs me when the help knows customers by name. Those people are spending way too much time indoors, if the whole staff knows you.

Meal of Links

Alanis and Barenaked Ladies summer tour starts at Blossom. It's ironic, don'cha think?

Slots in Ohio? Governor Tax says, "No." Fool.

Slate rates the tabloids. Reading magazine covers in that damn Marc's line, I found out "Jen's Worst Nightmare". Seems Brad got naked with Angelina. Believe it!!!

Exercise Yard

Pat Tillman, former NFL player, becomes the most famous soldier to die in Afghanistan. Let's remember all of those who have passed fighting these conflicts around the world. I am reminded of two other football players, Nile Kinnick and Bob Kalsu. Both of whom died during wars and have interesting stories.

Visitor

8 Down: Actor Buchholz (5 letters) Answer: Horst

No comments: